Friday 19 September 2008

Tattoo ideas -- Nefertiti

Ok. Fine. I admit that I want a tattoo now although when someone once told me, "Eh, so many piercings. What next? Tattooes???", I would deny every aspect of me getting one. Recently though, since my last outing with Bel and I discovered her tattoo, I wanted one. She and I are similar in some ways and an Egyptian tattoo is a YES-YES!! She has a tattoo of Bast, if I'm not mistaken, and it was a very nice outline in dark green ink (tattoos will fade to this colour anyways). I have been thinking of a tattoo ever since I was in Form 2 /Year 9. I've come a long way from wanting to get a Pentagram on my wrist, a Barcode on the nape of my neck, a Heartagram trampstamp to now this - the outline of Nefertiti, Egypt's most beautiful queen.

I could find frontal view photos of Nefertiti's bust but I couldn't get an art that way and in just an outline. It was my mission to draw it out. I started drawing it roughly when I was in Gamesity and they had the fake miniature Nefertiti's bust and allowed me to draw. Here's the development of the outline drawing of Nefertiti.




Bust of Nefertiti. Symbol of eternal elegance and beauty.

Notions of feminism <-- Personal belief.


Rough drawing with a black gel pen.




Adjustment to the face. Remembered to add the cheekbones!



Finished drawing of Nefertiti.


Bust of Nefertiti


Artliner on paper

5 comments:

CH Voon said...

are you sure? pretty meh?

hehehe should put dragon or tiger mah...

Put this one not nice la... i suggest you put mickey mouse better la hahaha

AdamTam said...

did u draw that? ur good :)

Unknown said...

dear Mesha,
what a coincidence, i was writing an article about Nefertiti Botox Lift and you post it's tats.
By the way, you should have no regrets having those picture inked into your skin as they stay till forever. It should be something meaningful, significant in depth. I contemplated of having my tattoo for 12 years and finally got it done.

Mesha said...

I love this Egyptian symbol tho. :(

Bex said...

your such a great artist mesha!!!! are you really gona leave one eye blank.....or is it suppost to be like that.

P.S i have a new blog, kinda empty-----don't laugh at me. I will build on it over time hahah