Tuesday 23 September 2008

MCI111 <-- I HATE IT WITH A PASSION

Assessment 3: Major Essay [35%]
Length: 1500 words
Due: 26th September 2008 <-- One day after my birthday T_T Task: Choose ONE Topic only
Choose a technological development which has had significant effects in the field of media, communication, or information which interests you most. Discuss the impact of this development on the work of professionals in your field.
OR
Choose a technological development which has had significant effects in the field of media, communication or information which interests you most. Disscuss the impact of this development on society in general.

DO NOT CHOOSE THE INTERNET AS A GENERAL TOPIC BUT INSTEAD CONCENTRATE ON SOME MORE SPECIFIC ASPECT OF NETWORKED INFORMATION. T_T


What the hell. Isn't the Internet a part of the technological development in which mankind has created? Has it not brought any significant change in the society? I'm stuck with this essay in which I was so inspired to start tonight but instead it will be postponed as tomorrow's work as I haven't got a fucking clue as to what I am meant to write. Ideas. Ideas. Come to me. Nope. I think I've just got a writer's block. I pray for the day that I graduate from university and start working in the hospitality sector. I have lost all of my creativity since the day I failed Art in high school. Let' see. The invention of the telephone? Not too bad.


Telegraph --> Telephone --> Mobile phones


How it affects the general public: [brain storming]

Since the creation of the telegraph, it has allowed mankind to communicate much faster, saving up time and distance. Mobile phones are the rave in today's society as they are compact and like its name "mobile", allowing full access even if one is on-the-go. One can now easily access the Internet or contact their relatives, friends and collegues or even do business with this technological device. It has certainly changed the way in which us humans communicate.

Shit. This is as much as I can come up without having to open a book. This is short. How the hell am I to come up with 1500 words for this essay? Guess I'll have to ramble on the history of communication too, gah, I'll look it up tomorrow. I'm excited yet so disgusted with the things I have to do. Just concentrate Mesha. Keep thinking of Thursday and all the alcohol you can buy and consume. Consume so much that it'll drown all of your unspoken sorrows and anger and frustration.

No comments: