Thursday 11 September 2008

How to Make Bush Tucker Bread


No. This is not a damper as a few of you have asked. It more or less resemble pita bread or naan. Yes. Naan is the best way to describe it. I did not want to buy normal white bread as I wanted to know how to make bread, moreover, I know what's in my bread. Boy, was I glad this turned out the way I wanted it to be. However, I forgot to put in the sesame and poppy seeds in! Next time I shan't forget.

Bush Tucker/Pita/Naan Bread Recipe:

1 sachet dried yeast or 1 tsp
3/4 cup warm water
3 tsp sugar
1/4 cup yoghurt
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup macadamia oil or any oil ( as he was promoting macadamia tht day )
2 tsp salt
500g plain flour
3 tsp of the bush spice of your choice, eg wattle seeds


Mix yeast with 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp sugar and allow to sit until frothy. Mix all other ingredients together, add started yeast and knead into a smooth ball. Cover and place in a warm place until it has doubled in size. Cut into 10 equal pieces, roll into balls then flatten until they look like small pizza bases. Cook quickly on both sides on a hot bbq plate or cast iron pan for 30 seconds max.
Enjoy hot ~~

This is compliments other food such as Curry. However, I strongly recommend Salami, Semi-dried tomatoes and Cheese if you like Italian.

2 comments:

CH Voon said...

hahaha... no money and need to make anything with ownself lo hahaha

Anonymous said...

hey , look likes roti canai la.