Tuesday 18 November 2008

Dim Sum at Joy's Garden

Finally managed to lure Francis out of his hole. Well, metaphorically speaking of course. I had to book like a week ahead just for a dimsum. Sheesh, meeting Zomfgwtfbbq was easier than drawing Francis out. The night before (or should I say the morning before) I had only a ridiculously short amount of sleep. 3 fucking short hours. Felt more like a nap. Power nap. Yes, that's right. The reason? Night of clubbing in Metro City. Gosh! The fire alarm went off as soon as we got in and waited somewhat around 20 minutes to get back in. I'm lucky to have this new phone; if I was still using the old Motorola, I'm sure one will be able to see it fly across to the room gracefully before smashing into the wall and I would throw it without much hesitation. This dimsum plan was actually post-poned to Sunday, November 16th, 2008 instead of the proposed Saturday as Bel and Takeshi wanted to go for their free breakfast at the Esplanade Hotel in Fremanle. Killed my presentation plans rather on Monday morning though but it was rather worth it. No regrets as I always say.

We started without Francis since we arrived early! Boy, was it good to eat!




We had dimsum at Joy's Garden (supposedly Francis favourite place) but somehow some dishes weren't up to par with Regal on Roe. The prawn dumpling's (har gao) skin wasn't as smooth and translucent and it was rather glutinous? The prawn dumpling's skin texture was more or less resembled the prawn cheong fun. The chicken feet dish was alright, although I much prefer Regal on Roe's. The only dish that stood out as being better than Regal on Roe's was the Fried Chilli Squid Tentacles. That was spot on and not to mention Joy's Garden had more variety with some of the dishes (I was very much impressed with the Deep-fried Soft Shelled Crab. Absolutely yummylicious!). My appetite has decreased recently with the lack of food at home. Perphaps I'll be able to lose some weight this way and kill my already non-existing metabolism rate? Hmm, I will lose more by next year!


Francis, Me, Bel and Takeshi


After the dimsum, we headed to Utopia for bubble tea and played Chor Dai Dee (also known as the Big 2.5? Or whatever they called it in English at Vivawa.com) til 3 ish. Damn, I won 3 in a row and still had pretty good wins later on (Francis was at par with me at the end of it though D:< color="#cc6600">BASKETBALL. And guess what me Miss Smartypants was wearing? HEELS!!!! KNSWTFCBTNS. Ended up taking my shoes off and went bare-foot but the sun was just too strong. Francis had to get me his mother's pair of sneakers (they were my size fortunately) and managed to play without getting a blister on my feet. Poor Bel got the blisters though from her shoes :(. Geesus! It's been ages since I've played any sports and it was actually fun despite the heat and me sweating. Guess it's who you mix with too. Company matters.

I suck. Horrendously. Some got in some didn't and my face was red. Urgh. What a sight I must have been. Francis' basketball skills were great too and thanks to his long arms, he could manoeuvre the ball like magic. Summary: I had a great time despite the physical activity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww mesha has a crush. <3

I think you just need to watch more orlando bloom and override your feelings that you know won't work out.