Sunday 23 November 2008

Clubbing Escapade - The Court and Paramount

Friends. There are many different sort of friends. Some that will help you when you're down or in need of things. Then, there are those who are just plain fun party animals. Like Fei. I met Fei recently at a friend's birthday party and she is someone that you'd just love to hang out with. Don't be deceived by her innocent look. Her mind is filled with charred black filth dug out from the pits of hell. Like me. That's one of the many reasons we hang out. Our obvious common interest is clubbing. The joy of being 18 in Australia - having the liberty to dress up, smoke, get smashed and club your legs off LEGALLY. She texted me up inviting me to club with her on a Friday's night. That was the fastest I've ever texted on my new phone - YES. And I had a Friday night booked for clubbing. Go Me.
10pm: I arrived in Northbridge at the agreed meeting spot and she was no where to be found. Turned out she was at the other end of the train station and walking in the heels I was wearing that night was more or less torture. Where were we heading? The Court.
The Court is a famous gay club in Perth with its Gay Pride flag waving in the cool summer's night breeze. I've heard wild stories from my own mother during her flight attendant days about these gay clubs and how you might encounter really bizzare activities within it. I wonder if it's the lack of gay people that day in Perth as it felt like a normal club. I expected more man-on-man action or woman-on-woman action but it was flooded with "straight" Dullsvillians, with an exception of a few drag queens rocking up the stage. Reminded me of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Anyways, moving on. They were playing really good R&B music but by the time I've eaten my dinner/supper and getting round to a drink or two, they've moved on to Hard Core music. Tuckie would have been pleased if he was there. He'd probably wet his pants with excitement.
What I like about tagging along with friends when going clubbing is meeting new people. I have complained and am still complaining about the lack of friends I have in Perth. I know it's my first year but what the fuck? I can count the number of "friends" with my fingers. I expected somewhat between the two and a zero figure. I met up with some of Fei's uni mates but they were more interested in dancing than really chatting. I mean, it's a club after all. Not a pub. Fei expected to join her brother later on in the night but Lin ended up in The Court afterall. I've only met Lin once during Li Ying's birthday party but did not have the chance to speak to him. Lin turned out to be the typical Malaysian guy (still with the Malaysian accent) and is an accountant. Asian stereotyping? Go figure.
Turned out we had some things to talk about despite the age difference (again, with most of my friends, I'm the youngest). His colleague, Tony, was there too. The most memorable part of the night was when we Asians turned to technology for entertainment. At the present time - our mobile phones. Since Fei and I blog, there was no harm telling him about this blog. Whilst scrolling, he had a look at the dimsum photo of Francis, Me, Bel and Takeshi.
Lin: Your boyfriend ah?
Me: No. I wish. He's just a friend I met.
Lin: Sure or not?
Me: Yeah, he's a friend of this couple here *points at Bel and Takeshi*
Lin: Oo. Ok.
Me: Yeah met Francis at their wedding.
Lin: *pauses* Francis... Cheah?
Me: WTF? How do you know?
Lin: Hhehe good connections.
Me: @%#$^@#^@#^# Secret is leaked. >.<
To my horror, he knew Francis. There goes my secret. *EDITS OLD BLOGPOST* What a small world! How would one have thought that on the night you meet somebody new, you end up knowing that they know your friends! KNS. Turned out, he was already a "friend" on FaceBook proir to me adding Francis. The next day I texted Francis, and him being a smartypants as always "Lin Hu, I assume?". All hail Francis' observation skills.
At the end of the night, we ended up in Paramount (although I really wanted to go to The Deen) and for me it was pretty boring as the music wasn't really nice to dance too and the sitting area was packed! I ended up having a discussion with Lin and had 2 cups of daiquiry. Nice!
Me and Fei (clubbing kaki)


Left to Right: Me, Fei, Sharon, Tony, Erica, and John

Left to Right: Lin Hu, Me, Fei, Tony, Erica, and John


Clubbing Kaki!!!!

The Ong siblings and I

No comments: