Sunday 13 January 2008

Sleepover @ Tuuliki's

"A sandwich? What kind of sand....wait a minute....OMG!!"



With much strength and courage, I broke the hermit cycle. Finally out for the day and not coming home to sleep. It doesn't sound like a big improvement but a step outside for me is an accomplishment. Catching up with Tuuli online, I decided to have a sleep-over at her place. I mean, a nice bed with air-conditioning during summer and someone to talk to, hey! It's a great deal!

According to the timetable, the bus was suppose to arrive at 4:55pm, but knowing that the bus system normally runs late, I told Tuuli to wait at 5:30pm at the front entrance. Upon reaching and expecting a blond to receive me..I did not see anyone. Only the receptionist at that time. Running 10 minutes late, I called her cell-phone but no dialing tone even took place. The receptionist seemed friendly enough, so I told him that she lived on the tenth floor but ignorant as I am, did not remember the unit number.


"Hi there! How may I help you?"

"Erm..I'm waiting for my friend to come but she doesn't seem to be picking up her phone."

"Really? Do you know which unit she lives in?"

"No, I only know that she lives on the tenth floor."

"What's her name?"

"Tuuliki Talviste"

"Hmm..Doesn't seem to be anyone with that name..Perphaps Talvisbe?"

"No..Talviste.."

"Hmm..I will try calling this Talvisbe and just ask whether they know you..."

*dials number*

"Hello! Do you know a person named Mesha?"

*pauses*

"Maybe I can send her up instead? Sure sure.. Ok, she's living in Unit 102"



Great. She wasn't ready..and so I headed up the elevator to the tenth floor and knocked on the door. Opening the door was this beautiful looking blond woman. I couldn't recognise her for a second as it's been sometime since I've seen her with full make-up. Both of us was also wearing a blue dress. Our mission was to go to the plaza and watch a movie and actually somehow bump into her crush, Nathan.

Arriving at the plaza, we headed to buy the movie tickets for Enchanted. The queue resembled a snake. It was long but it was also the school holidays so there's no surprise to that. 7:10pm was the session that we watched and I felt bad about her not getting to see Nathan as that was our primary intention. The movie was good enough to make up for it so no complaints there. The last thing I want is to see her furious if Nathan was with another girl and she will probably not shut up about it for the rest of the night.

Enchanted was a lovely movie but depressing for us that are wanting a fairytale ending in our relationship. But over all, it was a great movie that sets us of into Dreamland.

The bus-catching was not so pleasant though. It was a late-night and teenage kids were hanging around mostly causing problems. It was packed full, like a tin of sardines and it smelled of BO from the guy standing next to us. It was nauseating when it permeates. Both of us had to breathe out of our mouths. To top it off, the bus did not stop at our designated area eventhough we pressed the STOP button and it was flashing. Asking a guy to plead to the bus driver to stop, he finally did around 1 km away. Moreover, it started to drizzle and then my big mouth said:



"I hope it doesn't pour"

Whooshh...Down came the rain on us and my make-up melted. As we walked into the apartment, her mother laughed at our misfortune. We dried off and chatted then night away about life, sex and problems. Annoying how life can be eh?



Living Room


Living Room and Kitchen



Balcony with a million dollar view. C'est magnifique!


Her mother woke us up at around 10:30am, which I had set my alarm clock to but it felt earlier as we did not sleep until 3 in the morning. I was just expecting maybe a sandwich or cereal for breakfast, but no! It was like a buffet, laid on the table was white bread and wholegrain, different sorts of meats, cheese, banana custard, chocolate custard, salad, juice and coffee. Her mother offered us porridge (not the chinese congee or porridge as we call it, the other one) and it was nice as it was warm and the surrounding air temperature was cool. Boy, I feasted like a princess!


A behavior of Tuuli's shocked me though. She gave the middle finger to her mum! What a disgrace! After all I thought she was different than other Caucasian children, it was a disappointing and awkward situation to be in. Another thing I wasn't used to was she not helping to clean up after breakfast. If you ever read this Tuuli, please change..It's rude to give the finger to your mother, especially when she has raised you better than others. Be grateful for what you have. Tuuli gave her point. I know now but you shocked me! Sorry!!


I had to leave at 2:30 pm though as the bus came at 2:40pm and there's no other bus till later in the day. It was a nice experience as I normally do not go for sleep overs. I'm getting more adventurous I guess.


No comments: