Thursday 24 January 2008

Cute Camwhoring? Or Au Natural?


"All I see is cute girls with big teary eyes and puffed up cheeks to try to make them look cute, after the Japanese fashion. So I tried to be part of the flock and attempted it. I failed it. Miserably."


So what's with the deal with Asians, mostly Chinese girls having cute photos? All I ever wanted was to look pretty like those in the mags I read, for example CLEO. All I ever recalled was some models with serious looks on their faces or maybe posing naturally. I didn't remember seeing them posing with big puppy dog eyes to try to make themselves look like a whining puppy.


This is until I opened my friends supply of Japanese magazines, imported directly from her Japanese friends. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Girls with porceline skin, big eyes enhanced by mascara, and cute poses. More or less like a Doll. No difference actually.
So here's the thing:



Caucasians: Serious, Sexy, Flirtatious, Mysterious


Asians: Cute, Adorable, Innocent, Naive looking

Confusion arises for me now. I'm an Asian in a Caucasian world. Which one? Let's see..most of my photos are au natural so posing cute is a challenge. Let's see how "cute" and "innocent" I can look. Trust me, it's not easy for me cause technically- I don't have a baby doll face.



This is a photo of my school mate in Malaysia. Here's how a normal teenage Asian girl pose:




















So this is a girl from my old school, typically posing cute.



My turn:

























Goldfish Girl

Seriously. Goldfish Girl? This would only serve as a good joke. For the mean time I'll stick with this:


Hahaaha laugh all you want. Poser Alert!

No comments: