Wednesday 9 January 2008

“I need to get out. I needed new hope. I needed a new life”


Fresh air was all I needed. To breathe and feel as if there is a life ahead of me. For the past month, I’ve been a hermit in my own home. The furthest I would go was to the nearest supermarket, which was Woolworths to get some grocery done with Mother. I’ve been waiting until judgment day and it has finally arrived and it rained Fire of Destruction upon me. As said a thousand times, I cannot cry.

A distraction. That is what I needed. Tuuli came online and decided to get her to come out and see me. I needed an anger vent and she needed someone to talk about her “Love”.
She was good at distracting as I was sort of fond of listening to the things happening in people’s life as long as they are interesting.

I caught the 10:40 am bus from Chancellor Park to Mooloolaba, but as usual, the bus system in Australia runs late. Always. It’s never on time! Today it was 15 minutes late but I met up with an old friend from school, Steph. With great admiration, I see the great feats she has achieved. She completed a bartending course and with her volunteering skills at the Australian Zoo, she would definitely be the caretaker of the animals.

Rushing to Starbucks, I saw Tuuli in a hot bright pink dress which definitely enhances her assets. She greets me with a smile which makes me feel better already. I ordered the Mocha Java Chip and like the last time, she ordered the same thing. Forgetting that she hated coffee, I forgot to tell her that mocha is actually half coffee. Oops!
She drank most of it anyways.

For the week, she rented Sirocco’s at Mooloolaba whilst her parents were her. Curious to what the inside may look like, I decided to check it out! It was the most perfect place that I would die to live in. It was stylish and comfortable. A place like that cost around $6000 AUD.. OooO..I didn’t believe it at first so I snooped for the website and yeah, at a non-peak season rate was about $2500 for a 3 night minimum so just one and a half could make a hole in your pocket. But if you’re willing to pay for the scenery then go for it!! The view is stunningly beautiful.

Tuuli took the master bedroom. I was shocked as my mother would never let that happen. I was like:

“You’re pretty damn lucky!”

Both of us had a good time indoors ranting vent and going online and enjoying the cool air. Air conditioning- how I craved to have it in our unit! Later, we used the internet for the sheer reason of listening to music and watching music videos. Typical teenager eh?
Tuuli’s birthday was next week and it’s her 18th! Lucky pig..she can legally drink!!

On this coming Thursday, we planned to go late night shopping and watch Enchanted. Ok, I’ll tell you..The main reason is to get Tuuli mad and make sure she deletes a certain someone off her MSN. That would get it out of her system. And probably shut up about him.

I can’t believe we two actually shared the same taste in music, men and life. Our complications involved in it. Men- where shall I start? Both of us think that we’ll never meet a great guy before we’re 45. Tuuli’s problem is worse – she wants 6 kids. OMG!
I would only have one and that’s a most.

All we can’t believe is how so many people can just get the guy of their dreams and we sit here with envy filled eyes. I know it’s a long time to start thinking of a relationship this complex, but you’ll never know what’s it’s like to have someone to hold you tight and whisper sweet words to make you feel like the most loved person in the world. To know that you’re special to someone and that you can make a difference in their life. And most importantly, to love them back.

I advertised Russell Peters to Tuuli via YouTube and I think she had a good time with the jokes. It was about 7:15pm before we decided to head down to Mooloolaba Esplanade to get some dinner. Mother rang earlier and queried about my return.

“After dinner.”

Upon losing to who shall choose where to eat, I chose to eat at a restaurant called Karma Waters. She liked the music and I took the chance to try it. Apparently, she felt discrimination to our age. I didn’t notice it as my sensitiveness to these things fade over time. The waiter would ignore us. What can I say?

“We as young adults pose no difference as you adults. The only difference is that you can drink and be merry, perhaps the only way to be merry. But we kids, enjoy the benefit of being merry constantly. Our childishness is just a way to face reality, sometimes coping better than adults. However, we are ignored by this comment and left to be stereotyped as foolish, immature and naïve. No, I do not deny that we are naïve but we take the opportunity to learn, unlike those who think that they are wiser but the truth is that they are NOT.”

No comments: