Sunday 27 January 2008

JW Assembly

" His voice was so soothing and my ears were turning it into a lullaby. My eyes flittered and then it is shut. Boring."



Time for another Jehovah Witnesses' Assembly. Gosh it was full of Witnesses but almost none I knew. Couldn't care less as I'm not a baptised one anyways but it feels as if you just came off a plane from another country and everyone you walk past you do not know and yet these people had a sense of familihood. I felt left out. This assembly starts at 9:30 am and ends around 3:30pm with an hour's interval at 12:20pm.

The morning part was alright but once after our stomach has been filled with food, your body tends to relax more and slowly everything seems so soothing and inviting you shut your eyes. A few times I guess I had this strong urge to sleep but of course, Mother wouldn't allow that.

"A lady would never show that she is tired. So sit up and at least pretend you're listening!"

I never listen anyways. To the speaker I mean. I just sit there like a doll to make Mother happy but personally I wouldn't go. I don't know - I admired these people having such strong faith in a religion but to me, I'm starting to be sick of these religion issues.

Religion - Man-made or really by God? I don't know anymore. If you look carefully, there are so many religions in the world of today that you start to question - WHICH IS THE RIGHT ONE?
Islam, Buddhism, Christianity (Methodist) and now this...I ponder over the teachings and this is what I have concluded:

Islam: Long story cut short, there are some ways where I disagree. Why cover your hair? If God wanted us women to cover up hair, may as well make us bald. I agree on the issues of drinking and eating pork and admire those strong in faith but there are just somethings. Not to mention, men having up to four wives. Seriously, polygamy should go both ways then, women having four men.

What about idolising? I maybe wrong and correct me if I am so. Idolising is a no-no. But what about putting an image of the Mecca on the mat and praying in the direction of it? Isn't it just a square building? I know they believe if you go in you may see heaven and hell but only royalty allowed in. It's still idolism to me.

And if men go to heaven they get 72 virgins? This really proves that men are sex maniacs..Come on! I mean 72 freaking virgins. And women? Do we get 72 virgin men then? No. Only one as we don't have the "need". Ish..

Christianity: At 5, I was baptised as a Methodist, however, I did not fully understand their terms. My perspective on Trinity - God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit as one is a load of ****. How can the Son and the Father be one? And if Jesus died, did God die as well? If God died, how did he resurrect himself? Someone has got to be out there then.

Heaven and Hell: Most people believe there's a hell. Hell is fictional, mostly to scare people out of their skin and follow Christianity. Think of it this way - If God is so merciful and kind, can you imagine him throwing you into a pit of ever-lasting flame and being tortured for eternity. Not as kind as I would imagine him to be then eh? It would put Him as the same rank as Hitler and I doubt He's cruel.

Buddhism: The teachings from Buddha supports peace, but mostly it's idolising to a statue. My grandparents are Buddhists and I wasn't that into it enough to fully complain. I just don't like the incense and bowing down to a small statue that's as tall as my knee..

J.Witnesses: A teaching that finally could answer all my questions but there are somethings yet again I disagree. Believing if you do God's work in this lifetime, you'll get to live on paradise earth forever, Jesus ruling over us for the millenial reign, then Satan will be left to tempt us earthlings and who that follows the Devil is destroyed along with him and his demons. Ok. Life forever with peace, no violence, war, disease and famine. However, what about entertainment? I know - most of the movies today has violence and exciting bits in it. Most movies I know has a protaganist and so does books. Without it, well, it gets rather boring...

Gah! I'm so out of these things right now and forgive me if I have offended anyone. That's your faith not mine (not anymore at least..) and I'm just speaking my mind. Oh yeah, the 1 hour ++ drive was so boring here's what I did:





Camwhoring!! Haha ok..Maybe I'm just too self-obsessed.

1 comment:

F.R.E.D.Y said...

Tht's a freaking long assembly!! haha... i tot the mass oni takes 30mins! haha.. Is gd to make yr mum happy, but if she gets to read this! lolx..U're dead man! wuahhahaha..