Saturday 19 January 2008

Gympie Trip

"Try on this bag," said Mother as she handed me a marine-blue Roxy bag. Looking in the mirror it wasn't my type so I left it back on the rack. "It's your type of bag mum, big and Bohemian-looking..What do you think of this one?" I said as I pointed to a bright yellow Billabong satchel.
My mother actually bought me a bag! It's been forever and thinking back I'm not joking. The last time she bought me any bag was my very own personal check-in bag, a baby pink Samsonite. The last time she bought me one was a few years back, also a satchel in bright lime-green. Not a branded one, but it was pretty cool at that time when I was 15. That's the last time she bought me something that wasn't a necessity. Actually there were other things like a little music chime that plays Sound of Music when the handle is turned but that was like when I was throwing a hissy fit over something.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Back to the story..Yes..Where was I? Yes! She bought me a Billabong bag!! Woo! It's nothing like the top of the range brand but she actually got me something branded. Haha..I also treated myself to a grey Roxy polo shirt that was on a discount.

This shopping trip took place in a small deserted town of Gympie, one hour north of where I live on the coast. We would think it would be filled with tourists but we were disappointed to see that there were not many shops open. Andrew had to do a job and we girls were left alone to explore. Mother kidded that there was nothing open but the salon and we may as well spend it in there. Haha good old Mother - I still prefer the shopping though.

We came back out and went to other stores to look for more bargains but did not find anything else. I suspected that it was because it was a small and deserted town that the surf shop actually had a sale. A very good one too...some things were 50% off. My bag wasn't but my shirt was.


It was also a hot but rather gloomy day so we went into a small local cafe. I ordered a pineapple frappe and Mother and Andrew ordered a banana frappe..

After the refreshments, we headed to Pomona. Also another isolated town that reminds one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. I could not imagine myself living in such an area if I were to keep my sanity. We stopped at another cafe and this time, still melting due to the heat, I ordered a Mocha milkshake. I tried to think whether this was my first Billabong bag but somehow I could not remember until it hit me that I bought my first Billabong bag in Sydney, when I had to accomodate my extra shopping baggage. I think I annoyed Mother with my endless questions and comments about the bag but I somehow got obsessed with this bag.

Why? I don't really know. All I know is that I hated the colour yellow and now ended up with a yellow bag. It doesn't make any sense.

At night we decided to have Chinese food and went to the local chinese take-away restaurant. We ordered Mongolian Lamb, Beef Chow Mein, Special fried rice and Honey Chicken. Everything else was great except the Chow Mein. Here's why:

You call this Chow Mein? Looks more like fried worms!

No comments: