Tuesday 18 December 2007

Time For A Change -Again


In Australia, it is rather hard to get a good make-over for your hair for a rather reasonable price. That is, if you want a good 5-star quality salon. When I say make-over, I mean the WORKS, like style cut and blow dry, colour, and treatment. I admit it, I'm a pampered spoiled brat.

However, the nightmare soon passed and I finally mustered up the courage to ask mum to bring me to Uncle Ricki. He was my mother's hairstylist since she was around 14 too. It was a bliss. Heaven in disguise and that was where my addiction started. I loved the head massage they would give when they wash your hair. The smell of the shampoo and treatment would just calm my senses. It is weird how everytime you go to a salon, the way they blow-dry your hair ALWAYS look better when you try to do it at home. It's like some kind of magic they seem to possess. Or why do you think people are willing to spend money on just wash and blow-dry?


This is not the case in Australia though. A wash in their salon means a waste of money. This comment is supported with some of my Chinese friends here and my mother. A wash here, means shampoo, then a 2 minute scrub, then rinse, then a little bit of conditioner, and then a rinse again. What?? No massage? Even I could do it at home. But then it was urgent. I just returned from the beach and it was Graduation night (Refer to MCSHS Graduation 2007)


Ah...the bliss of salon back in KL...A wash means 15-20 minutes of a head massage, rinse, conditioner application with a bit of massage and then the final rinse. I just love how they pamper you with their magical fingers that soothe your pain away and almost sends you to Noddland. I LOVE IT!!


First time I got a Rebonding treatment (for those who does not know, it's similar to a permanent straightening but it makes your hair oh-so-soft and super Shiny!) was in 2005. I imagined it to be better. It was but it left my hair very very flat. No volume. Kinda weird actually. I don't think I suit it. What do you think?




Looking petrified (2006 during Chinese New Year in Genting)


In 2006, I went back to KL for almost a month. Full of pampering from Mother. First I went to the salon and got the Worx. I got a new haircut, full head with red streaks (2 different tones of red) and a treatment. Oohh..And also 2 rounds of facial at CN Beaty Salon. Ta-DA!! A new me..


Me Before Make-over






















Me After The Works..

The joy of my new hairstyle did not last long..after 3 months, even with the use of a colour-protect shampoo, the red faded away and in its place was a copper colour. It was still ok but definitely the red. What's even worse, even with the new cut and trim, I still had some of the previous damages in my hair..so I decided to fix it again. To chop it off.

And then...Ta-DA!! Here's me with short hair..



























Then I did the unthinkable again..I cropped it!! Again!!!!!!!! Now I look kinda like that but without the fringe and everything is more layered than it was. I told mum that I want to cut my hair again. Was planning to go to the hairdressers near my house but look what dear Mother found:


LADIES!

$270 of Hair services for just $99!
Enjoy our exclusive summer makeover for only $99.oo and receive absolutely FREE




  • Full consultation ($45 -FREE)


  • Deluxe Shiatsu Head Massage ($20 -FREE)


  • New Designer style cut & blow-dry ($60- FREE)


  • Deluxe Wella Professional treatment to lock in your new colour & help your hair to remain shiny & easy to manage ($35 -FREE)


  • 1/4 Head of Fashion Foils ($75- FREE)


  • Wella Professional Toner ($35 -FREE)

What I found funny is that Head Massage cost $20AUD whilst in KL it comes when they wash your hair! Oh well.. This IS certainly a bargain. The last time I went to a professional 5-Star salon to cut my hair cost me $22 (student price; originally $45).


I certainly can't wait. It's booked for this Thursday(21/12/2007) @ 12pm...Till then I'll let you know the full process of how it went..

No comments: