Wednesday 26 December 2007

Nausicaa: The Valley Of The Wind

Lately I've been pretty obsessed with films that have been directed by Hayao Miyazaki. If you are wondering who he is, Miyazaki is the director of Studio Ghibli's work. Some people may have heard of Totoro: My Neighbour and Nausicaa of The Valley Of The Wind. If you still don't know who he is, he's the director for the famous Spirited Away. Thanks to his movies, I've become seriously addicted to the music composed by Joe Hisaishi for the soundtracks of those movies.

Lately I've been chatting and figured there are more Studio Ghibli movies and was deciding to save up and purchase some. SBS, I thank thee. My little wishes has been fulfilled. Last Sunday, at 10:15pm, they aired Nausicaa of The Valley Of the Wind. Haha and thanks to my addiction to internet surfing that I found out that it was on. Boy was I glad!

Looking back at Studio Ghibli's work, you can definitely see some differences as they advanced on in years. As Nausicaa was a film in 1984 and considered a Studio Ghibli's first film. You can definitely see some similarities in the style of drawing in the film. It was pretty good and loved the deeper insight towards the detriment of the environment. Miyazaki's wild imagination allows him to create creatures and things we's never think of and subtle elements are used to convey the message to his audience. Here's bits and pieces from the movie. I got these from http://onlineghibli.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you really like a heart-felt movie and anime combined, this is a movie to watch. For me, I would rate this a 4 out of 5 stars. It's simply fabulous!

No comments: