Saturday 29 December 2007

Tarja Turunen


I love Opera.

I love Classically Trained Singers.

I love Symphonic Metal.

I love Tarja Turunen.

I love My Winter Storm.


Formally the lead soprano singer of Nightwish, Turunen was publicly fired. Why? Apparently it was her attitude towards the financial part of the band and this was the reason to be fired.


What a waste.


Turunen has an exceptional voice that captivated many with her unique and powerful voice. That special talent of hers drew me into Nightwish in the beginning. Shocked she was fired? Yes indeed. I recently found out that she has a new album:




Image and video hosting by TinyPic


This is her second album, despite her "first" solo album acted as a Christmas one, was released in 2006. My Winter Storm still has the Nightwish feel to it eventhough she's no longer a band member in Nightwish. So obviously she has kept some of the symphonic metal tune to it. Good! Cause that is what she's good at.

Formally in Nightwish


Anette Olzon? Tough one. She has her own special talents but as for what Tarja Turunen has, its unreplaceable. Like it or not, Nightwish would never be the same without Tarja and with some observations I see lots more of Tarja's fans than Anette's.

No comments: