Friday 28 December 2007

Dinner & Thriller

On the Sunshine Coast, it's well, not very sunny lately. Showers and a gloomy weather has been haunting us for the past few days. A storm they say. All I see is showers. Such lies.
Well, maybe not everything is a lie. Forced evacuation on beaches and the world famous Fraser Island. Makes you really think how bad things get with the storm. I just don't realise it.


In all its glory, the rain does have its moment. It lowers the temperature here and I'm thankful. Not so grumpy anymore but still a hermit. I've been hibernating at home for weeks not enjoying myself as I should. What happened to my fucking holiday that I dreamt of when I finished school?


At first, I proposed bowling. Mother made me realise that Andrew had a sore leg. The Cripple. My slyness prevailed and is making me take an advantage out of the situation and suggested a movie. Mother also wanted a dine out. Score.


For the first time in 2 and a half years on the Sunshine Coast, I finally dined at a restaurant called Pig & Whistle, a British pub and cuisine. Damn, my little dreams are finally coming true. That restaurant has been haunting me for years now as I pass by it every time I head towards the cinema. You just can't escape it.


Upon entering, a sea of eyes drowns you in their stare. But only for a second and you gasp for air. Not so bad you think. A dim light illuminates the place and yes, it reminds you of the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter. Maybe I'm exaggerating but that is the feel you get of it. Only with a rather modern twist. Definitely no witches and wizards here, only Muggles.


We were seated and the menu was placed before us. Yummy. Dinner time. Giving it a long hard look, I decided on a dish called Cornwall Seafood. Does sound British. Mother chose what I wanted before I changed my mind - Steak & Guinness Pie. Her husband chose Lamb Shanks. All pure mouth-watering glee.


Mine came out to be superb. And trust me, I mean it. As a spoiled kid, I was privileged enough to have tried a variety of food. Used to call myself an epicure when I was younger. I hope to keep up one day with that dream. Continueing my story, this dish had a wonderful sauce that complimented the seafood. It was a thick, creamy and rich white sauce that I imagine would be made from cheese and white wine. Soaked in it was a mussel, two prawns, bits of scallops and squid. It was a little but then it had to be fitted into a piece of bread.


The sauce itself had the aroma of seafood. As a seafood lover, I endulged in this refined gourmet. This dish truly gives its taster a delight in eating. I felt my skin tingling and emotions rushed through. Talk about an aphrodiasic. You thought only oysters would work. What can I say?

I live to eat.


I ran across and bought tickets for Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem. Couldn't wait to see it and hoped that it was as good as the first one. Fuck. I only realised that the Movie Marathon was on. Should have known better. I really wanted to go to one before I left the country but somehow I always manage not to go to it. The queue was also very bloody long.


Ta-Da! 9.20pm. They let us in and we got a great spot (In Australia, there's no prefixed seats for you. It is a first come, first serve basis.) right in the middle of the cinema. Thinking nothing could spoil it, we had a delay. The movie started around 10pm. Boo-ya

Ugly vs Ugly. Who wins?


In the beginning it was pretty exciting, but then the plot started deterioting. It felt like a movie where they wrote it as they shot it. I was rather disappointed. Mother was the comedy relief tonight. She kept saying how the body of the Predator was hot.

Lol.

I think you need to cover its face with a cloth. That's why the mask is there Mum! But I must admit...


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hot body or not. No!

No comments: