Friday 14 March 2008

It's Nice Being Appreciated!

Ahh..for once all the things I do is finally being recognised at least. Nothing huge but I think it's great that at least there's a recognition. Here's some of the common emails that Budd sent to the members of the Student Council recently:

Minutes of the meeting
Hey folks,I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for turning up on for the Monday meeting. :) I tell you, it really was a treat to see so many bums on seats. :P lol.. No no, I'm only joking. But on a serious note, thank you guys for coming and we look forward to working with each and everyone of you during the trimester.Anyways, what am I going to rant about today? lol.. nothing really. Just the Minutes of the meeting. So, here I go.
Date: 10/03/08Time: 12:30 - 1:30
Classroom: 205.313B


1. Introduction Of the new and the old members.

2. Proposed activities
Mentioning of the activities we plan to do this trimester such as barbeques, network gaming session, basketball tournament etc. And yeah, that was pretty much all of it. We had some great new ideas from the new folks such as paintball/laser-shoot-out-game-thingy (lol..excuse me, I don't know the right name for it). And one I liked in particular was a Multi-Cultural Feast.

Mesha, one of our newest members took the trouble to write me up an email about it. Have a read."To Budd, Hiya! This is Mesha here. Just sending an email about the Multi-Cultural Feast that you seemed interested in. Since this is an International College, perphaps we could do something where we share something from our individual culture. This could be done with perphaps bringing our local food to let others try and experience it.The last time I did it, we just had a huge table and we piled on the food on the table with labels and which country it was from. There were some pretty interesting comments.
Also, you somehow brought up the topic of a chili eating contest. Seems pretty interesting and it would be fun to have."

Anyways, I should mention. These are just ideas hovering by at the moment. We will focus on a couple of things pretty soon enough. .....
.........................................................................................................................................................................

Budd. "

Here's another one I read today:
March Barbeque 2008: Successful

Hey folks,Anyone who would have walked past the CIC building today during lunch would have definetly turned their heads around twice! :)

In other words, we had a really good turnout. :) Everyone seemed to love the idea of free food. Hmm... that's very strange. :P lol. Anyways, before we get into the celebrating phase I'd just like to take this oppurtunity to thank all the people who helped out with the barbeque. Khaled, Ankeet, Subathra did a lot of the back and front work. Getting all the right equipment, foods, advertising, etc. Without these two awesome guys & gal :P we wouldn't have gotten anywhere close to what happend today. And our two newest members Mesha and Viran, stuck through the whole event from beginning to end (yes! that includes the cleaning up..lol). And not to mention the other students who helped out - Gregory, Bobby, Alister and Khaled's good friend Hani. Now, here's the interesting bit... they are not involved in the council in anyway possible.. but yet they helped! :) Aren't people just great? lol. yeah, if you see them around uni, please do pass on our thanks to those guys as well. Right.. on a serious note, the event was great and all. But we did learn a lot. Anyways.. more on that on a meeting...

I love love love being appreciated even if it's in a small form. Tis great! I'll keep this one short and simple. Wonder what to blog about next? Oh yeah! Sue made me laugh so hard I fell off the chair. My fellow Malaysian Blogger has a great sense of humour. Totally did not expect this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
-http://suemeifyoucan.blogspot.com
So to whomever that reads my blog..BEWARE!! If not..I'll unleash the monster from Hell..Muahaha (Forgive me Sue but this is damn hilarious !)

3 comments:

F.R.E.D.Y said...

Hey seem like sue is goin to kill u this time! N i'm the saviour of the day! hahaha..

Sue Me said...

i wont kill mesha la..

Mesha said...

See!! I'm loved!!! Hahah Sue loves me too much to kill me!