Friday 21 March 2008

I Want My Tragus and Nose Done


"I want my nose done but I'm held up by the society of yesterday"
I've always been fascinated with body modification. In other words tattoos and piercings. I absolutely am fascinated with them. What restricts me? The older generation. I love my Mother to death but she just doesn't give me the freedom I've been looking for so long. Yes I get other liberties as well like going out with friends til late at night and no set sleeping period but I long to do something to my body and her respecting my wishes once. I'm turning 18 soon, and as some people said - "Go do it. You're 18 soon and you're legally allowed to do what you want. Mother can't stop you then."
On a conscious level, I do not want to break a rather good relationship with my mother. As a single mother, she has single-handedly raised me and we've bonded like sisters. I don't want to break this bond. Then why do it eh? It's just the reason that I finally want to have control over my own body and what I do. I'm, of course, willing to take the consequences of my actions. Be more matured as they say.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So I'm now torn in between the two. To do what I long and yearned to do for a long time and
respect the relationship I have with Mother. I did have a serious discussion with her once and I don't know how to explain this, but you know how mothers can change and twist the topic? It ended up being something to do with me not concentrating on my studies. I was like WTF? I have like 5 days off a week in college. Oh yeah..Sure I'm not going to concentrate. 2 days a week..hmm How long can I slack?
And the other reason was that I shouldn't do it in college. I was like: "Mum, if you had said that when I was in high school, I would have understood. I'm now in college and about to hit 18." (Moreover you're not going to celebrate my 18th anyways -so at least let me get something I want for my 18th if you're not going to be here.)
She then rambled on how our asian/Chinese nose's cartiledge is rather thick and it would hurt more. I was again like..I had my tongue done once. I think my tongue is thicker than my nose. Gah..Thinking about it makes me frustrated. I SOOO wanna get it done but now restricted by my own conscience.
Forgetting the nostril, I have also been thinking about a tragus piercing. If you don't know what a tragus is: This pic should explain it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yeah..here's an example of what it is. I have been looking at it even through Year 12 where one of my ex-classmates got it done and looked so pretty on her. She didn't get the ring like this one but a nice diamante bar.
What to do? I'm going to discuss it further with my mother. Never Give Up! Never Surrender!!

No comments: