Saturday 26 July 2008

To Bang or Not to Bang?

Long hair = feminity. That's what they say right? I've been trying to grow my hair out for months but I can't seem to chop it (mostly a trim) as this is the most annoying length to have. Me and Li Ying decided on MSN to trim our hair and she wanted to go to a Korean hair-styling salon in NorthBridge. Why not? Asian hairdressers understand Asian hairs better anyways.


Getting ready in the morning. Putting on my oh-so-new Nike!! I love them to bits! :D


Meeting up at the 9am instead of the original 8:30am (cause both of us was late XD) we caught a train to Subiaco for breakfast. Li Ying did a good research for a breakfast spot and we ended up in Subiaco Hotel for brekkie. This morning was freaking cold though and it was pretty foggy. It was beautiful :)

Beautiful foggy morning outside my home

Murdoch station

Subiaco Hotel


Upon arrival, we were allocated seats and the interior of Subiaco Hotel was pretty posh. I felt under-dressed! We ordered 2 dishes to share and I ordered my cranberry juice for the morning. Apparently Cranberry Juice is full of anti-oxidants and is supposedly good for you. Wonder how true that is. I'll drink it cause it's yummy anyways.

Cranberry Juice

Me sipping my cranberry juice in which it was fully consumed within 10 minutes. I was hungry!


Whilst waiting for the food, CAMWHORE time. We Asian girls don't know the meaning of shame..haha guess that's why the Australians were looking at us like we're so vain.

Egg in the middle with grilled black pudding & tomato relish. Bon appetite! It's also damn good too!

Moroccan brik pastry, duck egg, turkish sausage, spinach and feta. It's rather oily but it's pretty good. The other dish was better.

Li Ying and her first attempt at the dish.

After the delicious filling breakfast, we caught the next train back to Perth and headed for NorthBridge to go and get our hair fixed. It's been a long time since I went into a salon with all Asian staff. Hahah and their English wasn't so good either. And no Cantonese since they are Korean. Good service though, they took your bag and your jumper and hang them in a closet so you don't have to drag it with you whilst you have your head done. Although I washed my hair yesterday and told them that I didn't need a wash, the hairstylist told the other lady that I needed it wet. I thought this was going to add up to the bill and is going to be costly. Surprisingly no! It only costs a cheap $38 for me. Other places I went charged me $60 for the same service. Damn they ripped me off!! I'm going back to an Asian salon next time.

Li Ying & me :)

I have a doubt though. I wonder which one suits me best? A fringe or no fringe. Some of my friends told me that without a fringe looks good. Some told me that a fringe looks good. I love fringes to be honest, but my moon-face doesn't suit it anymore. What do you think?

[WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CONTAINS LOTS AND LOTS OF CAMWHORING/VAIN PICS. IF YOU ARE OFFENDED EASILY, PLEASE STOP HERE.]

The Full Bang.

Side Bang.

Or no bang?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Li ying said...

OMG. me look ugly.
u camwhore pro.
fringe better lah.
lol

Li ying said...

CAMWHORE CAMWHORe

Anonymous said...

I vote: SIDE BANG!!!!! Definitely side bang. I like the full bang, but it's "so so" you look so chic and feminine with the side bang. Reeeeeally suits you. I'd do the full bang look, but tie the back up, so you can have a really cute French looking fringe. Seriously love the side bang... All you need is some rouge, and some white pearl earrings and you'd look so professional, like French style.
Could really see that look on you! <3

Anonymous said...

Hey, if you've got it...flaunt it :D
Ohh...and totally side bang...although full bang looks groovy too. :D

CH Voon said...

i like the wheather as described by you.

Seizhin said...

Yes I agree, our hairs are crown for the beauty.
We all look good in a different way depending on how we styled our hairs, perhaps you should seek advise from the stylish depending on how you want to be looked at.