Saturday 6 December 2008

Ha-Lu: Japanese Fine Dining



I got invited for dinner with Bel and Takeshi and his ex-colleagues at Ha-Lu's. Turned out to be a fine dining restaurant. Boy, it's been a long time since I've been to a fancy restaurant. What matters most to me at these sort of places isn't the price, it's the quality of the food and service. The variety of food served at that restaurant was rather small but most things on the menu looks extremely yummy. The best deal was the bento meals though (Francis, Me, Bel and Takeshi ordered the same set - The Ha-Lu Bento). Mind you, the bento set was perfect! Not too small, not too large, I consumed every bit of food on the bento box (except for the miso soup). Jeremy ordered the sashimi of the day and it looked fab. Should have gotten that too, but there were 2 slices of tuna and another 2 slices of salmon sashimi.
Ha-Lu Bento Set


Jeremy bought the cute teapot cake as a wedding gift to Bel and Takeshi. Makes me feel bad that I didn't get them anything for the wedding. Since Bel is staying in Perth for a while, I should get them something. And oh, I had 2 very nice eye candy :D

I love good-looking people.

No comments: