Wednesday 27 February 2008

Arrival in Perth

" My princess, don't be scared or cry for me. Be Strong. I'll come see you when I come back, I promise. You always long to be a big and grown girl. There you go! Just the beginning. Just study hard for your future. I want you to have a bright future with a career with huge income...I LOVE YOU. Always remember that..."

So...I've arrived in Perth and missing Mother so badly too. How bad? Bad enough to make me want to hear her nagging. I woke up at 3:10am to get ready and left at 3:55am. Arrived at Brisbane Airport at 4am, waited for half an hour in queue and then checked in.

Got to Melbourne Airport with an hour and ten minutes transit. Nothing much to do so I went to the cafe to get a filo. Ricotta and spinach..sounded yummy at first but tasted horrible, so in the end I chucked it. Got on to plane and the 4 hour journey from Melbourne to Perth..SO NOT FUN. Why? The local airline does not provide free meal or drink. Still acceptable but pay-movies? WTF? Such scungers...

Arrived at the airport and found the driver. Got my luggage and drove all the way to my homestay family. Nancy...a name you wouldn't have imagined for an Indonesian woman! Surprise surprise..she has 2 houses..the one I arrived in was the main one where she, her husband and daughter lived. The international kids had the seperate house. Me being the youngest got the largest room. =D

After a while they went out to do their things and I got stuck at home alone. The other students were at college for their orientation. Mine's tomorrow.. Some how..it just got too quiet and I thought of my Mother. I cried..thinking that it would be fun being all alone and trying to be grown up. Not really. I miss the company of mum and yes I'm attached to her. I just try to be strong and get on with life like the other international students.

"Big Girls Don't Cry"
So true. I'm still a lil child inside and maybe this is the best time for me to be more independent. Perth is a hot place for me to learn though.
Living with me in this house is Nancy's niece and her husband, both in one room. There are 2 other students, both Chinese but one from HK and the other China. Not too bad..They seem real friendly. Maybe I'll get used to it..just need to sleep on it.

1 comment:

F.R.E.D.Y said...

GO the cats bus and walk ard, why so lonely? So fun la! hehe..

Hush little mesha don u cry, everything is gonna be alright! lolx... wanna scream now? lolx..wuhahha..