Monday 19 November 2007

~ Photography~

So..I am jealous that my friend, Tessa Mansell and Boey Wei-Jan has good photography skills. So throughout the year, I tried some of my own with just a normal digital camera. Nothing really artistic but just to capture the moment. I also do editing with a program that I have on my computer which is really good for profile photographs. I wish I had Adobe Photoshop which is a very good program but then it's so expensive. I will have to make due with what I have now.


My digital camera is the Olympus FE220. It has a 2.5 inch wide screen..not too shabby for the price I paid.






















Nevertheless I captured some wonderful images that I'm proud of. The first series I'm showing was displayed for my art exhibition in early November. I took these photographs during the Coolum Kite Festival. They have flame throwers and I decided to take it. Without the flash I was able to capture it, but it also meant that it had a longer exposure and lead to this. I don't usually put a tag, but then it feels like a must now.


Look at it Spin!!!

This is my favourite piece. It shows the movement of the flames and its intricate designs are simply captivating.

This piece wasn't displayed in my art exhibition as it wasn't exciting enough. Nontheless, breathless...

I also enjoy this piece, it has the movement of the flame throwers and the movement of the fire. Well covered and it doesn't have a focused focus point. Breath taking.





The next few pieces are from my Adelaide to Melbourne tour. In Adelaide, they have these stunning architecture which I enjoyed taking in black and white. Along the Great Ocean Rd, we stopped along a waterfall and the brightness of the waterfall was surprising as it was passed sunset. Not to forget, my favourite piece - Beware of golfers (s)hitting over road

Stranger in the woods


~Chicken Little ~

I don't know if everyone knows the story but a chicken ended up on the roof, left there for eternity to show the direction of the blowing wind.

Waterfall


My favourite photo! I wonder why...






No comments: