Monday 19 November 2007

Another Gathering!

The very next day after my graduation, there's this gathering near where I live in Chancellor Park. However, where we were suppose to meet was rather unclear. We spent 1/2 hour walking round to Varsity Court..When it could have been 10 minutes...But it was nice walking and talking to Alice and eventually making our way there. I was wearing black too and the glaring sun was my enemy.

At the entrance, Yuliana, an Indonesian Chinese woman of 32, stood awaiting our arrival. Varsity Court was where my other Chinese school friends used to live and it brought back some memories. We were met by other Asians that I have seen before and also Ine, a Nigerian girl which I later spent my time chattering to.


Left to Right: Jap guy (How embarassing! I can't remember his name!), Tony, Jeffrey, Me, Alice, Chinese girl from China (also don't know her name!), Maya and Ine


Ine, Me and Kanako (This is not my best pic either!)

There were new people like Michael, a Chinese born in New Zealand, Gloria - another Indo-Chinese, Kanako- a Japanese woman of 21 (I thought she was 18!), BenJ (Malaysian mixed New Zealander) and his cousin Saffron (isn't that a spice?) and others too.

Yuliana and Ben Tan (It's funny how eurasians have the surname Tan..haha like Shaun Tan)


Me and Gloria and unexpectedly Kwan..or is it Huang..no idea


I finally found my way of socializing and actually meeting new people, which is good for my social health. I lacked those connections and know I'm trying to expand them the best way I can. I'm actually proud of myself to have friends scattered in Europe - Germany, Italy and Estonia and of course Malaysia.

I realised that real friends are hard to find. Some we meet, say hello and goodbye, never to be heard from again. I cherish those that keep in good contact like Michelle Kong. We still keep in contact despite the distance. Katharina and Siiri hasn't left me a message yet and it is a bit disappointing. I also miss the company of Stefano whom brings some warmth into my cold life. Not to forget Enrique - the crazy Mexicano..

~Mi Mancherai~


No comments: