Tuesday 13 November 2007

~Asian Gathering~

La Fiesta De Cultura (I think my spanish gramma is incorrect..)
Having a great time despite I'm the new girl there. Lots of asians from Sunshine Grammer School.

Ok.So I'm the new kid. Despite the fact that my Jap friend, Alice is more comfortable in the presence of so many Asians and she's been here for a short period! This is what you call the IB syndrome where your social life soon disintegrates and then is no more. Poof! Gone..Nothing more than dust on your shelf, laden with IB textbooks.

It felt kind of weird when you join a group that you have not been with before and then people stare at you as if you're intruding on their private party. But I was invited. There were some familiar faces that I have previously met at the Cotton Tree Gathering not long ago. Still there, was this air of unfamilarity that linger in the air. There I was, sitting there like a Jap doll smiling at everyone who seems to ignore my entity.

Someone broke the silence of my mind. A girl from Sunshine Coast Grammer School, known as LeAnna asked me which part of Japan I was from, naturally. I have no idea why, people keep thinking that I'm Japanese, even my own fellow Chinese. Conversation started and then things got better. Like always, as I "predict" that my meal would always be served last, it came true. Even better. It wasn't even ordered. So there I was, the last one seen gulping down the remains of her meal whilst others wait patiently, chatting amongst themselves.

I guess I should have been more involved rather than hiding in my room all this while. I have been blinded by my idleness. Thinking back to what my mother once said and it is true "Asians tend to get along better together". This argument is coming from a relationship-wise of things. I always thought it'd be cute to have a Caucasian boyfriend or husband one day but this really made me rethink things through. No matter how close you are with another race, there's always a gap that there is to be filled. But this is just a thought. Maybe there is a possibility that you can bond with another race as if your own.

Ok! Photo time!

William and I - Met him at the Cotton Tree gathering..(Refer to old Blog)
Jeffrey and Me (OMG! double chin..HIDE!!)

My Crazy Japanese Friend: Alice from Tokyo (Cool photo effect huh? I took it..)
Looks like disco dancing!
Jackie & William getting ready to eat!
Me and Alice...Haha do we look like sisters?


Clockwise: Chris, Jeffrey, Kwany, Alice and Me..

No comments: