Wednesday 28 November 2007

.:: Andy Warhol's Exhibition in Brisbane::.

I have just recently found out that Andy Warhol's works is coming to Brisbane. To those who does not know who Andy Warhol is, he is a famous artist responsible for the movement of Pop Art culture. I don't really know much about the movement of art thanks to Malaysia's lack to art educators about the world. I mean we do know about that famous artworks like the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci and David by Michaelangelo. But we still lack the knowledge of the other cultures that influenced art. I
have only recently learned of Warhol's existence thanks to my education in Australia.


Self-Portrait 1966-1967
Acrylic and silkscreen ink on linen
55.9 x 55.9 cm
(Source: Queensland Art Gallery)

I really like some of his works and am now trying to figure out how to get there. Brisbane is an hours drive away from the Sunshine Coast. Maybe the train? There's a bus from Scholars Drive to Landsbrough Station and a train down straight to the Queensland Art Gallery & GOMA. All I need now is company. Argggh..*disgusted at myself for having no close friends* Well I still have a week to think of it. (Ben perphaps? If he's interested in Pop Art..he he he)

The exhibtion starts on the 8th of December and ends on 30th March 2008.. Still have a fair amount of time to decide but December's the best as I no friggin' thing to do after school. Here's an example of Warhol's famous piece of Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe

(Source:http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Marilyn-Monroe-Orange-Posters_i382978_.htm)

No comments: