Wednesday 21 November 2007

Kick-Boxing

Interestingly Ben asked me to take photos during his kick-boxing training. Very flattering. The fact that I'm hopeless at taking photography is ironic. My Olympus FFE220 is hopeless as it is great for taking stills but not for fast moving action sports like kick-boxing. Even with the mode set to "Sports" doesn't help as it still had blurry bits to the photographs where movement has taken place.

















Left to Right: Fight in the Ring and Just posing for the Camera

The smell of sweat from hard work and perspiration reminds me of the time I trained for Jujitsu. The air is dense with the sound of kicking and punching. I brought my friend, Alice along, though I think she was bored to death as it was my job to take the photographs and not hers. She was frightened by the punching and the kicking and I actually found that rather amusing.

I felt excited and rather nervous due to the fact that I was expected to be a good photographer. I'm always worried about what other people may think of me and judge me though in the real world, no one really cares. Most importantly is getting the job done with professionalism.



Some how....

Mother. She is the one that seems over-protective at times..especially when I'm trying to meet new friends that are male. I do agree on her basis though I think I'm more likely to scare them off with my mum's hawking talent. She'd dig the information out of me, though I'd prep her before I leave the house. She'd also write down the number of my fellow friend and keep it, "Just in case.."

After the kick-boxing training, I got a lift from Ben and back to my place. I had to run upstairs and edit the photos. Due to the lighting in the studio, I had to use flash in order for it to be clear but it meant darker photos. Thankfully, my printer had an editing software that allowed me to play around with the lighting and contrast editing. Pheww..things seemed clearer and a bit more beautiful.

I had a quick dinner and had another lift back to Ben's place to upload the photos on to his computer. OMG...I did NOT want to see his reaction to the photos..Mum reckoned it was so blurry too... I wanted to hide my head in a hole and not look up for the world to see. Guess people have to start somewhere and learn from their mistakes. Grateful to Ben for this opportunity. (Still want to hide my head in a hole!) Go ahead! Laugh! These photos are for the world to see.

1 comment:

Jan Boey said...

Hey, it does feel bad huh, after being so excited about the job and all.

One thing's for sure, that camera can't be trusted for shots like that. You'll need a camera with a higher shutter speed.

What's Ben gonna do now?