Thursday 29 October 2009

Sacrifice

"It's not always Rainbows and Butterflies, it's Compromise that moves us along"
She Will Be Loved
Maroon 5

You know what darling? Sometimes, as a couple, we will always have some issues that arise whilst we are together. But it doesn't mean that you sit down and contemplate about the relationship and just end it just like that.

You try to sit down, with a clear mind, tell your partner what's working and what's not. "I don't know", isn't an answer that we want to hear.

I understand that you're trying not to hurt me because you are frustrated that you're not in love with me just yet. It's okay. Some people fall in love faster than others. Some take months, some take years, some even at first sight. So who are we to say that it's wrong not to fall in love within a few months.

Although it has only been a few months, we never argued about anything else. Isn't that a sign? Unless you're keeping things to yourself and try not to hurt me.

Furthermore, my love, I know we rushed in. What ever that made you like me, may have just been infatuation or lust. But somehow inside, I think we are very much compatible. Why you have grown tired of me, I do not know but it's still not a solid enough reason for me to think that we should just end this right now. Think about it for a second, if all married couples were to just divorce just because they have grown weary of each other, the divorce rates would just sky-rocket. There are ways that can make our bond grow stronger.

I know you don't have the time to be there for me, nor give me undivided attention due to your responsibilities as an individual. You and I know, I'm trying so hard not to be clingy. Sometimes, I get moody and just need you to be there without thinking about your feelings. For that, I'm sincerely sorry and will take the blame for being angry at me. But is it so bad that we have to end it?

You further stated that you don't know what you want. You don't know if you should continue to be in a relationship or be single. When I asked you why you asked me to be your girlfriend in the first place, you said that you wanted me to be at that time. Whatever you do or say, has its consequences and take the responsibility.

I actually could forsee you growing tired of me, but I was trying so hard to ignore it and give it the benefit of doubt that you may have been stressed out with work or just being tired.

You said that you kept thinking about the first night you met me. I keep thinking of all the good times we had together. It's painful to see it just disappear.

You don't want to hurt me. But what's hurting me more is you giving up so easily. Humans can never predict what may or could happen in the future. We don't know whether it's going to work or not and yes, you don't want to hurt me even more. But who's to say that you might actually develop something later? You're hurting me by being so cold, so indifferent to me now. Every morning, I wake up with a heavy heart knowing you're not going to be there. And even if you are, what we had before is gone. I am willing to take the risk and gamble for the future. Isn't that we do? We take risks in our life. Like BlackJack, it's 50/50. But if you don't take that risk, who knows what the cards may hold?

If you have said that you cannot stand me, that I do things that make you angry, I would have been okay to just be friends and walk away. Until now, I cannot pin-point the things that makes us incompatible.

I may have done something "stupid". Don't forget, that people are built differently. Some can handle or see things clearer than others. They are able to look past things and keep moving on. To some, it's just what they are living for. Are you calling everything that have killed themselves or are practicing self-infliction stupid? Everyone has their reasons, although not everyone can see it from their point of view. Remember that.

It's not okay that you're gone, but if I love you and you're happier this way, I'll just have to accept and sacrifice the fact that you're gone. Note though, my love, I'll be here waiting for you.

No comments: