Thursday 8 October 2009

The Last of My Teenage Years

Here's a very sweet note that I received in my birthday card from Icee. Although I've known her for a short period of time, I've come to realise that she and I are similar in many different ways.

Thanks for being there for me. Thanks for being a friend.

Dear Mesha,

On your 19th birthday, marks the end of your teenage years and the beginning of adulthood.

It is a very special day in everyone's life because on this day, a person cherishes the old moments filled with love, care and shelter but now the person is moving towards adulthood, where he or she will be loaded with responsibilities and independence of thoughts and expression.


"Over the hell and sliding down fast, you knew being young just couldn't last,
Your back goes out, the eyes grow dim,
You can't hear over the background,
Aches and pains are constant companions,
You wear bigger shoes because of your bunions!
The memory is fading, names you forget,
You really don't want to get older - and yet...
The sliding down the other side of the hill can give you quite an invigorating thrill!"
-Lona Hatfield-

Love,
Icee


No comments: