Sunday 28 September 2008

First time use of a Tampon

I'm going to be brutally honest here. Tampons are so hard to get in the first time. This happened a while back in 2006 when I had a Geography field trip to Fraser Island and my menstruation had to come when I was there. That meant I could not swim and enjoy with the other students. Men have so much freedom when it comes to things like this, I mean, they don't have to worry about staining their clothes when their out, cramps, and most importantly, swimming. Yes. We have tampons but inserting a foreign object which might give you TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) isn't appealing. With pads on the other hand, if you don't change it, people will start to notice whether you do have your period as a suspicious smell arises when they sit next to you. Yuck. I know.

Back to the topic, when I was in Fraser Island, my close buddy had tampons as she suspected she was going to have her period too. I wasted about 3 of her tampons as I could not fiddle it in. Goddamn it was hard!!! The instructions on the pamphlet was good for nothing as it did not help.

After that, I gave up as I was wasting her supply of tampons and it was no use. Watching others enjoying themselves from afar was painful. Not giving up on this incident, I tried using it again the following month. Failure. The month after that. Failure. And the month after that. Failure. I gave up.


Today, I went to the convenience store around the corner from where I was staying to get a pack of cigarettes and remembered to replenish my stock on pads. Looking at the femine section, I browsed through the tampon section again. This time, I found the slim ones and gave it a shot.

[I got my period today, just to let you know XD] I unwrapped it and putting myself in a position in which a rider would mount his horse, I inserted it... and... TA-DA!! It worked! I was so pleased! Guess the trick is to find the position which suits you the most and experimenting with it can make it work. Being relaxing and not thinking positive is the way to go too I guess. Although now, thinking back of the TSS is a bit scaryy........

No comments: