Sunday 1 February 2009

True Friends only exist in Fairytales

I've been watching Heart of Greed for the past month now and I realise there's something that is so hard to get in this world.

True friends.

How this drama is related to the topic of real friends is shown between the friendship between the main characters Sheung Choi Sum and Tong Chi On (Tak-tak tei). Choi Sum's problems seems to occur throughout the drama, but since she has became friends with Chi On, he has always been at her side, pulling her through sticky situations.

What reminded me of my current position, was when Choi Sum's irresponsible, elder brother used her to loan money from a company and she was stuck in a financial dilemma, Chi On lended her the amount of money. No questions asked! And the amount ain't little either.

Although Chi On is from a really well-off family and can afford to lend her the money, where do you find a friend that would lend you that amount of money. The amount of trust that he has (they had only been friends for a relatively short period of time) for her is immense.

Which also leads me to think how people view me as? For those that had lent me money, I returned as soon as I had it. I guess $10,000 AUD is too much to ask and I don't have friends that would lend that amount to me anyways (or don't trust me enough with that amount).

Well, I can't really say either that I don't have any good or close friends. But the extent of their help is limited. Ok, ok I'm grateful for the friends that I have, but I guess I've been watching too much of this drama that I expect more from friends.

Or is it cause I don't really have any? Who are willing to spend the time to pull me through. I know I'd do the same for them.

The most credit I have to give to are Bel and Jeremy. They've listened to my shit and at least made an effort in trying to get me not so emo so I can retain my sanity. Also have to thank Francis for the dinner tonight. I can keep the left over risotto for tomorrow night! Yay!

Moreover, to finish off this post. I have deleted most of my Malaysian "friends" or should I say classmate off my MSN. I wouldn't call them friends. More like people I know. No, I'm not a bitch, but I think it's clogging my MSN and a waste of space when they make no effort in keeping contact with me (oh, yes I've tried it for the first year I came here. I had to initiate every fucking conversation or e-mail.). Hence you're so not worth my space or time. Some people don't mind it but I think that's just frustrating. So, Nice knowing you but GTGTHXBB

Mesha,
Still at the brink of sanity.

No comments: