Sunday 5 October 2008

Li Ying's Birthday Celebration and Clubbing

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LI YING!!!
(shit I don't know how old she is now =x)



She messaged me the night before, and told me that she was throwing a dinner for her birthday (we were meant to celebrate our birthday together as our birthdays were pretty close to one another) but things didn't turn out as planned.


Cool artwork on the ceiling in Fuche Restaurant.
Dinner was held in the city at Fuche restaurant in Murray Street. I wore a strapless baby doll dress and a scarf and of all days it was fucking cold. Literally, fucking cold!!! Everyone had a jacket except me. Smart of me eh? Thank God for Mark & Spencer's thick opaque winter stockings!! I met few of Li Ying's other friends, which I thought I got on pretty well with and shared 5 plates of tapas ($44AUD for a set of 5 and divided by 2 = $22AUD per person). Camwhoring was expected, especially within a group of all Malaysians. GAWD. I have NOT camwhored this much in my entire life and LI YING!! HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A CAMWHORE HUH??? HAHAHAHA!!! Ok, ok, it's your birthday.. camwhoring is allowed!! Right? Hhaha one of the things that make my head so swollen is when people ask me whether I'm mixed. Ok. I'm getting vain here, but it's nice to get compliments once in a while. ^_^


Me and the Birthday Girl

Me and Pauline Tay, whom I shared the 5 plates of tapas with.
This Morrocan dish looks superb! Didn' t manage to sample it though.

The 5 plates of tapas we ordered: Marinated octopus, Lemon Calamari, Pork Terrine, Lamb Cutlets, and Mussels.

Group photos
From left to right: Me, Pauline, Li Ying, Fei, Jane and Suba

Li Ying also messaged me to remember to bring my passport and I was like "Why?". "Cause we're going clubbing later" was her response. Clubbing? OMG!! Yay! It may not be much back in Malaysia as age regulations for clubbing aren't so strict, but here in Australia, one has to be 18 to actually be able to get into one. After dinner, Li Ying told me that we were going club hopping, and this includes the GAY club. O_O'' Lesbians kissing is such a turn-off.. Personally, it's worse than looking at 2 men kissing.

Camwhoring in The Court (aka Gay Bar)

My first shot of tequila! Which is absolutely yummy and went down smoothly.

The Shed
Chocolate Pizza!
Me sipping Long Island Iced Tea (which is so over-rated) in The Moon.

We ended up in The Moon, which apparently was where Kennysia hung out most of the time when he was in Perth? <-- According to Li Ying. Long Island Iced Tea which I ordered is seriously over-rated. It isn't as good as some people said it to be. Damn. The Moon had a very cozy atmosphere and a good place to rest after we went club hopping. Damn, heels do kill!!

Overall, I think clubbing is fun with people who really enjoy clubbing! Fei, one of Li Ying's ex- housemate is going to be my clubbing partner (hopefully) and I can at least expand my social circle this way. The experience of actually getting into the club is more empowering than being in it. Guess afterall I finally feel more independent. Hopefully, there is more clubbing escapades to come!

1 comment:

Li ying said...

hey.
suba? who is thAt?
sapna la. omg dun let her c this.
and how u want me to take pic from u when i cant every enlarge it? ==
please send to my email.
thanks