Thursday 12 July 2007

*Sydney*

I could not believe that I was actually going to Sydney! Me and my Estonian friend that I have met this year have decided to go down to Sydney for 5 days. The ticket shows 8th April 2007..and we were excited. I did most of the planning of this trip as I was almost hysterical with excitement (yes...I was almost crazy from joy..). I looked up places suitable for accomodation but it turned up with results that contained 5 star hotels that cost a fortune. By luck I found this backpacker's accomodation called Wake Up! in Sydney. In desperation, we decided to book it, as it was almost near the day we were to depart.

Surprise! The backpacker's that we went to was one of the best in Oceania. True to its word it was very clean and pleasant. We got a private twin room and it costed us $88 a night (divide it by 2 per person = $44) What tickled my humour though was its size..it was small..very small!

Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House was fascinating for me as the architecture was awesome! They looked like shells as they were meant to be, but it was beautiful..I was glad I chose to go to Sydney. Taronga Zoo was something new..It was a zoo with the city in the backdrop..I used my friends camera and took a photo of a giraffe feeding whilst the city was in the background.
Shopping was good..but a bad habit of mine is to but anything that deemed fit to buy eventhough it costs heaps. I wasted away more than $700 AUS on shopping..I now hold the title "Shopaholic"..Market St..that is the perfect street for shopping so hence its name. Myers and other shops can be found there..The shopping was SO GOOD! I ended up coming back with 2 bags instead of the one I brought down to Sydney with me to accomodate all the shopping.


Blue Mountains tour was pretty exciting..it brought us to this wildlife park which we weren't interested in until we saw white kangaroos! That's right..albino ones...They actually look like cute giant white rats...
The Three Sisters was the famous tourist attraction and so was the vertical tram..one of the steepest trams in the world. That was scary as they did not have any safety belts and we ended up clinging to the ceiling of the tram whilst it was vertical. Pretty cool eh?


No comments: