Friday 6 April 2007

Mother




We all came through a natural process in life, that is being born out of a woman, known as mother. The instant connection, between a child and the mother is instant. We women, have this feeling of bond and natural affection for your child(though not all get to enjoy this sensation, those that suffer from post natum depression).

We children take for granted the fact that we have our mothers to support us. She may scold us for what we cannot see, but she means the best for us. I personally went through a stage where I thought she hated me. But I don't think that I'm alone in this problem.

It's true, that some mothers don't know their responsibility of being one. Some mothers have kids just for the fact that they can get money out of their ex-husbands, I've met people with mothers like that, and I find that it is a shame to have a mother like that. The fact that their laziness to get money from the child support after their divorce overtakes urge to have a child and care for the child is slack is disturbing. A mother's influence is crucial in the developmental stage of the child. Lack of education and care for the child will lead to bad habits, such as stealing, fighting and etc.

My mother brought me up single-handedly. Without a father, I lack the care and attention from my mother when she goes to work, leaving me in the care of my grandparents. Over the years, my mother and I have nothing in common, she a perfectionist, me a slack one. We constantly argue about the things that we cannot see eye to eye. Sometimes, we have such a big argument, it leads to thoughts of hate.

Despite the fact that we have these arguments, I know she meant the best for me. She has given the biggest sacrifice in her life to make my dreams come true. She worked as a flight attendent for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and loved travelling around the world whilst earning a good pay each month. After almost 13 years in the airlines industry, she quitted her job in order for me to come to Australia, to fulfill a dream which will not come true. This job meant alot to her, and now I finally see the effort and sacrifice that she has done for me.

Children, see that your parents (especially your mother), love you and want the best for you. Despite the fact that they always grumble, nag and shout at you at things that does not necessarily make sense, be aware that they do love you. It takes time to see the result of the constant naggings, but now I do, and I hope that you'll see it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know good fathers are also essential to the proper raising of a child, boy or girl. for most anyway, i make an exception for you and i, but we're different right. your young yet you can see the reason for things such as your mother, and appreciate her to an extent that most kids wouldnt realize until they're parents themselves. she quit her job for your dreams huh, yet you say they wont come true, why is that?
anyway i like what you have to say hun, hopefully someone else will be privilaged to hear it too :)