Sunday 15 April 2007

Lithium & Zombie



Lithium and Zombie are my favourite songs sang by Amy Lee of Evanescence and The Cranberries. Each of them having the same significance to my life.I don't have a habit of writing things about me on a blog, but this song and its meaning I have to share with you.

Lithium is about the heartaches of love,(most of Evanescence's songs are based on love anyways) but it is true to an extent in which how far will love go. Like the earlier blogs that I had on "Love" it reflects the negative side of love.

Lithium is a drug used in anti-depressants and I did mention depression as a side effect of heart brokeness. Amy wrote in the lyrics "I can't hold on to me, Wonder what's wrong with me?" which is so true. Many cannot grasp on the fact that they are depressed and have lack of interest in life. "Drown my will to fly, Here in the darkness I know myself.."reflects the dark side and the despair in which love can bring us down. We should not let love get to the better of us, no matter how hard it is to overcome.

The Cranberries song, Zombie, reflect the time of war. This is a rather sad song for me as many die in war and it is not a very good thing. Children and innocent ones die for no reason, all for the sake of the country to overtake and dominate the other country in pursuit of land, power and riches.

War caused by men have killed millions, not to mention bringing devastating effects on the country and its surrounding. Looking at Afghanistan, houses filled with bullet holes, and imagine your children brought up in this environment? How will they lead a normal life?

These problems are problems of the world and I personally hope that one day we will be free of these heart-aches and problems. Til we face a solution, be strong and hold on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey deep man. u need to cheer up haha. emo girl. cya at school.
xo patemo