Saturday 16 August 2008

Dim Sum with Li Ying aka Food Buddy

Yesterday night when I sent Waleed off at the airport, I received a text message from Li Ying asking me whether I want to go for dim sum. Why not eh? Since I've been craving for it for some time and had no one to go with. Went to the restaurant that Patrick brought me for lunch some months ago. Regal on Road : that's the name of the restaurant. So far, it's the best dim sum place I've been to. Knowing both of us, eating at the same place, we were bound to order ALOT. And Li Ying konon "diet". Fulamak... Reminded me of the time that we went to Miss Maud's. One can feel the weight piling on just thinking about it. Yes. It's shocking how much these two little asian women can consume.




Sniffing away with the flu bug that she's caught. And no. That ain't no halo on my head.


Some of the norms ordered during dim sum time: Braised chicken feet, Char siu Pau and Siu Mai


Egg-tart, Siu Mai and Wu-kok (Fried Yam)


My favourite! Prawn dumplings!


Another favourite: Prawn Cheong-Fun

We decided to try the Duck Cheong-fun

Leng Lui: Li Ying


Yum yum. I Love Egg-Tart!

Me stuffed, but still enjoying my egg-tart.

Oh yeah, for some reason, I bumped into some friendly people today. Strange. This normally does not happen to me. The first person appeared at the ATM machine when I was about to withdraw money. Although I arrived first, I was in another lane and this guy let me use the ATM that was in the other line. The second one was when I was walking to NorthBridge and I sneezed (kinda loudly than my usual sneeze - I've got the flu ok?) and the guy who was a meter away turned around and said "Bless you". Whadda know? There are some nice people in this world.


2 comments:

CH Voon said...

good! At there, you still can eat dim sum!

Good good!

CH Voon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.