Tuesday 16 October 2007

Shaun Tan

Ok..I'll have to bring you right back to the middle of this year, where I stumbled upon a book in the library (past time spot for an IB student *sigh*) It has this antique cover look and that had my attention. Whilst flipping through the first few pages, it was different in comparison with other books. It was a picture book, drawn with pencil and coloured with a sepia tone. Though you may think that it is childish of me to be reading a picture book, this is no child's book. It contains far deeper meaning than it appears to be, each sketching in detail, to capture the emotion of the character.

I fell head over heals for the book...its everything that I dream that I want to do. I was so happy to meet the author himself..Shaun Tan..*sigh*

Ok..ok I know what you must be thinking but I admire that guy alright????

Shaun Tan!!!




A bit blurry but it'll do..

No comments: